Life Sciences in Scotland: Moving Forward Together – To 2025 and Beyond takes place on Monday, November 12 at Glasgow’s Technology and Innovation Centre.
Scotland’s life sciences strategy has mapped out a pathway to create an £8 billion turnover industry by 2025, based on innovation, quality and collaboration and this significant industry conference will examine what progress has been made towards that ambitious target.
Delegates will meet a range of experts who can provide advice, support and guidance.
Discussion topics will include investment, digitalisation, recruitment, social media, intellectual property, collaboration and R&D tax credits:
- You need investment for your business. Where do you start looking for grants and for investors who might support your business? Who should you talk to? What range of funding options are available to you as your business starts up and scales up?
- What is Life Sciences 4.0 and what can digitalisation do for my business? Is your business ready for the data age? What strategy is right for you? What are the common pitfalls and how can you avoid them?
- How do you build the right partnerships and collaborations to help your business in the digital age?
- What about Intellectual Property? What can – and can’t – be protected? How do I protect it and how soon do I need to do that? Who should I speak to?
- What can R&D tax credits do for me? How can they help me bring my ideas to life?
- And what of social media marketing? Does it apply to a technical sector like life sciences? Will it require lots of additional resource? Does it replace traditional marketing methods? Where do I start?
- Finally, what about talent? Where do I go about finding the right people for all levels of my business? If I am in a very specialist sector, are there enough skilled individuals to fill my gap? What training opportunities are open to my staff?
All delegates will be able to choose two of these masterclasses – and if two is not enough, there is lots of networking time built in throughout the day to chat to experts about specific areas of your business. This includes a drinks reception – free to all delegates – at the end of the day.
Earlier in the event, young leaders and growing businesses in the life sciences community will talk about their experiences and delegates will have the chance to talk to them.
Senior figures from business, government, the NHS and academia will also discuss the big issues affecting life sciences in Scotland – and whether the industry is on target to hit the £8 billion turnover target by 2025.
Join the debate on November 12 and find out how to make your business part of Scotland’s successful life sciences story.