Sponsored by leading European patent and trade mark attorneys, Murgitroyd, 12-15 companies will go head-to head in front of a panel of leading investors and business experts with the best pitch winning £750 in cash and £750 in-kind, IP consultancy services. In addition, the prize package includes two days of expert support from Scottish Enterprise. Companies must have been trading for less than three years and the deadline to apply is Friday 1 September. Interested? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
Pitching is an essential business skill, one that every entrepreneur needs to master, and in addition to the Pitchfest Challenge, Venturefest Scotland is offering a series of workshops as part of its Pitchfest strand to help entrepreneurs learn how to make the perfect pitch.
Pitchfest is part of Venturefest Scotland, a national, business innovation summit designed to help high-growth Scottish SMEs and ambitious early-stage companies to grow through innovation. Registration is free and any aspiring Scottish company – in any sector – is invited to attend. Last year over 800 delegates attended and 1,000 are expected for this year.
The event connects business owners, entrepreneurs, investors and innovators and provides a platform for growing companies to find the tools, advice, funding and contacts they need to take their businesses to the next level.
Some of the day’s highlights include:
- Confirmed keynotes from Mandy Chessell, Master Inventor at IBM and Ailsa Gray from Profits with Purpose.
- War stories/case studies from successful businesses on the ups and downs of growing a business
- Interactive, hands-on workshops giving you practical skills to innovate and grow your business. Topics will include Open Innovation; Industry 4.0; Future Trends, Intellectual Property and more
- Free 1-2-1 appointments with business advisors across a wide range of disciplines including tax, IP, digital, funding, big data and more in our Meet the Expert programme
- An Innovation Showcase presenting a selection of Scotland’s most innovative companies and their ground-breaking products and services across all sectors
- World Café style facilitated networking to help you make lasting business connections
To register visit: www.venturefestscotland.co.uk