We’ve teamed up with Jessops to bring you our Glasgow City of Science, Camera, Action campaign – a collection of images or photographs representing #STEAMMS (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Design, Maths, Medicine, and Social Sciences) in action taken by people who live or work in Glasgow and the West of Scotland.
Speak to a member of Jessops staff in their Buchanan Street, Glasgow store who will be happy to help you submit your pictures.
Alternatively, submit your #ScienceSnaps directly to the Glasgow City of Science Facebook page or, if you prefer you can email your hi-resolution image and the information below to ScienceSnaps@glasgowcityofscience.com
Just remember to add:
- a title for the image,
- who should be credited for the image (you should be the copyright holder or have permission from the copyright holder),
- a consent form for any person visually identifiable in the picture
(a template consent form can be found here: Template – ScienceSnaps consent form (27.88 kB)),
- and where it was taken – either GPS coordinates or a general location e.g. Pacific Quay, Govan, Glasgow will do.
You can also add a short description (100 words max) of the science behind the image.
Please make sure the photo has a minimum size of 976×549 pixels for landscape and 412×549 pixels for portrait.
All our partner organisations, photography clubs and courses and the citizens of Glasgow and the West of Scotland are contributing photography, descriptions and expert scientific advice to the campaign too.
Volunteer Photographers Needed!!!
Volunteer photographers information flyer (356.14 kB)
Terms and Conditions
If you submit an image, you do so in accordance with Glasgow City of Science terms and conditions.
All images accepted to the Glasgow City of Science, Camera Action project will be made available free for use in:
- private study and non-commercial research
- examination papers
- criticism and review, this applies only where there are no multiple copies made
- theses submitted by a student at a higher or further education institution for the purposes of securing a degree
- personal use by private individuals
All images with the credit line Glasgow City of Science and Photographer are also available free of reproduction licence fees for the following uses:
- reproduction in an academic publication, being a book, monograph or professional journal article publishing the results of original research, with critical apparatus (notes etc.)
- reproduction in teaching materials created in any medium by a teacher or lecturer at an educational establishment for the purposes of teaching. This includes making printed copies of such materials for students and promoting and making such teaching materials available in electronic form , for example, via a virtual learning environment.
- use in exhibitions by not-for-profit organisations including accompanying printed catalogue material (not including promotional merchandise offered for sale).
- use in Glasgow City of Science projects
It’s important to note, however, that all contributions remain the copyright of their respective owners. If your image is accepted, we will endeavour to publish the name of the copyright holder alongside it. Glasgow City of Science cannot guarantee that all pictures submitted will be used and we reserve the right to edit your comments.
At no time should you endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or infringe any laws.
Our target is 2015 images for the year 2015 to be used as a resource bank for teachers and to create a map of science in action. So get snapping science and send your photos to us!
View more details about the demonstrator project: Glasgow City of Science, Camera, Action