The 30-strong team of students from Scotland’s Super College returned triumphant with four gold, four silver and six bronze medals.
Three students also gained Highly Commended awards and another record was achieved for Inclusive Skills with two gold medals and one silver medal.
Paul Little, City of Glasgow College principal and chief executive, said: “This is our best medal tally yet a truly remarkable achievement. I am delighted that the incredible hard work of our students and lecturers has paid off.
“To be at the top of the WorldSkills league table yet again shows just how well we are doing in preparing our students to be the best in their chosen career.
“Our top priority at City of Glasgow College is to equip all our students with the hard and soft skills they will need as they enter the world of work. As an advocate for tertiary excellence, I firmly believe these competitions help to improve skills levels and deliver economic growth.”
The students competed in core disciplines which this year included digital video production, fine jewellery making, media makeup: body, fashion and photographic makeup, and customer care.
Medals were awarded in 70 different skills in total. Over 500 top apprentices and learners from 115 colleges and training providers across the UK competed at the elite skills competition which took place from November 15-17 at Birmingham’s NEC.
Full list of award winners
- James Ross Finlay – 3D Digital Art
- Ance Kristone – Confectionery
- John McMenamin – Plastering
- Karolina Glowacka – Restaurant Service
- Naomi Simpson – Confectionery
- Angus Donald King, Daniel Mulholland, Sara Hunter – Digital Video Production (Team Competition)
- Iain Guild – IT Software Solutions for Business
- Matthew Glen – 3D Digital Game Art
- Leona Westwater – Confectionery
- Luke MacKenzie – Culinary Arts
- Kasia Metejko – Fitness Trainer: Personal Trainer
- Antony Lockhart – IT Software Solutions for Business
- Mariusz Kanieki – Wall and Floor Tiling
- Erik Geza Petnehazi – 3D Digital Game Art
- Dayna Coyle – Fashion and Photographic Make-up
- Sarah Young – Fashion and Photographic Make-up
- Hayley Samsom – 3D Digital Game Art
Inclusive skills – Gold
- Thomas Docherty – Hairdressing
- Caitlin McPhee – Fitness Trainer
Inclusive skills – Silver
- Bonnie Amato – Catering