Glasgow and Scotland have high rates of chronic respiratory diseases such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma.
MEARU is working with clinical research specialists in respiratory disease to research the potential health effects of energy efficient architecture practices and ventilation strategies. Poor indoor air quality, particularly in bedrooms, is hard for people to detect, and and a better understanding is needed of how build up of CO2, volatile organic compounds and other pollutants can affect residents’ health.
Latest Precision Medicine News Stories
- Augmented reality project to help train surgeons around the world on ‘hyper-real’ models of organs
- University of Glasgow plays a key role in major arthritis research project
- Glasgow-based digital healthcare service wins UK Gov Award
- New Glasgow-led study aims to improve lives for those on kidney dialysis
- Weight management programme effective at managing type 2 diabetes
- GCU X-ray app to ease burden on lung specialists and save lives
If you would like to reach out to discuss anything from the above case study, please get in touch.
Let us know if you would like to discuss contributing to the case studies we currently profile.