Glasgow and Scotland have high rates of chronic respiratory diseases such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma.
MEARU is working with clinical research specialists in respiratory disease to research the potential health effects of energy efficient architecture practices and ventilation strategies. Poor indoor air quality, particularly in bedrooms, is hard for people to detect, and and a better understanding is needed of how build up of CO2, volatile organic compounds and other pollutants can affect residents’ health.
Latest Precision Medicine News Stories
- High blood pressure medication unlikely to increase risk of COVID-19
- Glasgow City Region – COVID-19 Response & Recovery (August 2020)
- Glasgow City Region: COVID-19 Response (July 2020)
- Glasgow researchers identify evolutionary origins of SARS-CoV-2
- Greater global cooperation needed to tackle vaccine-preventable diseases in a world with COVID-19
- CENSIS supports project for new prostate cancer test
If you would like to reach out to discuss anything from the above case study, please get in touch.
Let us know if you would like to discuss contributing to the case studies we currently profile.