Glasgow’s Canal Corridor is a place for the urban pioneer to innovate and experiment. Europe’s first ever award winning ‘smart canal’ scheme has been constructed using the 250-year-old Canal and 21st century technology to mitigate flood.
This pioneering digital surface water drainage system is unlocking 110 hectares identified for investment, regeneration and development for 3000 new eco-homes. Predictive meteorological technology provides advanced warning of heavy rainfall, sensor technology will then trigger a lowering of the water level to create the necessary capacity for surface water run-off.
Other Case StudiesMore
Latest News Stories
- Leading Glasgow research group launches clinical trials business
- Prestigious fellowship for wind and tidal turbine enhancement research
- UofG researchers report how novel diabetes drugs work to improve the prognosis of patients with heart failure
- New clinical trial launched for early treatment of COVID
- Professor awarded £2.9 million to support pioneering malaria research
If you would like to reach out to discuss anything from the above case study, please get in touch.
Let us know if you would like to discuss contributing to the case studies we currently profile.