In the sensors and imaging field, UWS supported development by Current Health (previously Snap40), an AI-enabled healthcare company, of a wearable medical device that monitors patients’ vital signs.
Data is transmitted by WiFi to a software platform that notifies clinical staff through mobile devices, facilitating early medical intervention if a patient deteriorates. As a result of UWS collaboration, the team identified opportunities for further collaboration on patient data analyses and the battery life of the product.
In 2018, Current secured an additional $8 million (£6.1m) in what is the largest seed funding round by a digital healthcare business in the UK.
Other Case Studies
Latest News Stories
- Innovative Australian fintech company relocates to Glasgow
- Glasgow to host the UK’s biggest electric vehicle charging station at First Bus flagship depot
- BAE Systems challenges Scottish apprentices to innovate for carbon net zero drive
- Scottish cities, including Glasgow defy UK and European trend to secure foreign investment
- University of Strathclyde collaboration scoops prestigious prize
If you would like to reach out to discuss anything from the above case study, please get in touch.
Let us know if you would like to discuss contributing to the case studies we currently profile.