The CAN DO Innovation Challenge Fund is providing up to 100 per cent funding and support for public sector organisations to find solutions.
Run by Scottish Enterprise, the fund supports people to explore and develop solutions to those difficult challenges they may be facing.
Scottish Enterprise is looking to identify key challenges that improve public services whilst providing economic development opportunities for Scotland. To date the fund has approved projects such as:
- electric vehicle charging
- water treatment
- smart energy networks
- disability transport
- digital healthcare in police custody
- care for people living independently with complex needs
- detection of illness in transport drivers
The fund supports organisations to find the best solution to their challenge in a number of different ways, including being able to participate in the CivTech accelerator programme, using the Innovation partnership model and by using Innovate UK’s Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI) process.
If your project is approved you will be able to:
- engage with a new, diverse list of suppliers
- move beyond ‘what’s available’ to look at new ideas
- reduce the risk, by being funded to try this (pre-commercial procurement) concept
The deadline for applications is 12pm on Friday, March 29, 2019.