Our stated vision is “To work smarter, in partnership, to raise the profile of Glasgow and the West of Scotland as a world-class science destination and leverage science and technology to boost sustainable development and quality of life”.
Our objectives as a co-ordinating organisation are to realise this vision by delivering on 5 key objectives:
- Raising our Profile: To achieve global recognition as a place of scientific excellence through a targeted communications strategy
- Demonstrating our Distinctiveness: To promote Glasgow and the West of Scotland’s distinctive science ‘offer’ to boost economic development and quality of life
- Showcasing our Vision: To build an inspirational portfolio of high-profile, brand-building, interdisciplinary disciplinary projects that demonstrate our vision
- Brokering Partnerships: To build on existing networks and broker new interdisciplinary, UK and international alliances
- Influencing Policy: To work in co-operation to influence and shape science and innovation policies in government, industry and academia whilst promoting scientific advance to address major societal challenges
As a facilitation organisation, we bring partners together, now over 90 organisations, to make people’s lives healthier, longer and better by boosting new investment, jobs and skills within a buoyant, knowledge-based economy.
Acting as 'the heart' of of our innovation ecosystem Glasgow City of Science & Innovation will support local, national and international investors and funders; partners, industry and innovators; learners and educators; the public and the media by:
- Creating a ‘common platform’ for science that facilitates knowledge and ideas exchange, interdisciplinary co-operation, fresh dialogues and connections whilst helping to avoid duplication of effort
- Publishing synthesis reports and policy briefs
- Supporting business objectives including brand exposure, corporate citizenship and wider community engagement
- Promoting our offer for science, culture and place as well as science careers and enterprise education opportunities
- Promoting ‘accessible’ science information and activities to inform, inspire and better connect the wider public with science.
- By showcasing a diverse portfolio of current science-related activity across Glasgow and the West of Scotland.