In recent years, we’ve seen transformative changes in how to nurture and inspire the minds of tomorrow.
Identifying creative ways to connect with those in education and re-imagining how teaching is expressed and experienced will ensure we produce a vibrant new generation of thinkers and innovators.
Glasgow’s universities and colleges achieve global reach and resonance, and are re-connecting the city with its DNA of creativity, engineering and design. Alongside world-leading research capabilities, Glasgow’s universities also generate high levels of industry collaboration, research council funding, company spin-outs and student satisfaction. As a result, Glasgow is the only city in the UK outside of London to have two universities ranking in the top 40 nationally. Along with colleges they have a track record of working with business to deliver bespoke courses tailored to future needs. As Glasgow’s education providers apply the city’s 250-year record of design to corporate and public goals, they are becoming proactive anchors of a changing city, identifying common interests and agendas for action.
- Glasgow is one of only 9 major European cities to boast a global top 75 university, or a global top 50 university for Life Sciences.
- University of Glasgow’s Engineering department ranks in the top 5 in the UK for “internationally excellent” and “world-leading research.
- University of Strathclyde is ranked 7th in the UK for spin-out company creation.
Latest News Stories
- Bid for UK fusion energy plant takes one step forward with University of Glasgow
- University of Glasgow racing team goes green with electric racing car
- Strathclyde spin-out company scores a double – securing funding and a national award
- Strathclyde-led team shortlisted to final five of prestigious CESAER competition
- Bellshill-born scientist is latest Scot to be awarded Nobel Prize
- Innovative UWS research projects score funding hat trick