UWS’s research vision is to deliver transformational change through outputs that have a tangible, early and positive impact on society across the globe.
Research activities across the themes of health, society and sustainability take place through interdisciplinary collaborations in a number of areas. This multidisciplinary approach makes UWS particularly strong in the sciences and business of health.
UWS teams are currently researching:
- diseases mechanisms underlying cancer, herpes, arthritis, tuberculosis and COPD
- maternal health and wellbeing, and dementia and alzheimers in later life
- software for telemedicine
- novel techniques to accelerate growth in stem cells
- the impact of exercise and sport
- impacts of toxins on health and wellbeing