Drink Baotic (Hippo & Hedgehog) – co-founded by graduate Isatou Njai, produces Baotic, a dairy-free, high-fibre breakfast drink made from the super fruit, baobab.
The fruit is sourced from the baobab tree and its extract forms a traditional Gambian drink used in celebrations and medicinally. Hippo & Hedgehog commits a minimum of 10% profit to support community development across Africa and sources baobab through a charity supply chain that benefits local community harvesters throughout different countries and regions of Africa. The company has received funding from various sources, including Royal Society of Edinburgh, Santander Universities, Scottish Edge Wildcard.
Other Case StudiesMore
Latest News Stories
- Leading Glasgow research group launches clinical trials business
- Prestigious fellowship for wind and tidal turbine enhancement research
- UofG researchers report how novel diabetes drugs work to improve the prognosis of patients with heart failure
- New clinical trial launched for early treatment of COVID
- Professor awarded £2.9 million to support pioneering malaria research
If you would like to reach out to discuss anything from the above case study, please get in touch.
Let us know if you would like to discuss contributing to the case studies we currently profile.