Drink Baotic (Hippo & Hedgehog) – co-founded by graduate Isatou Njai, produces Baotic, a dairy-free, high-fibre breakfast drink made from the super fruit, baobab.
The fruit is sourced from the baobab tree and its extract forms a traditional Gambian drink used in celebrations and medicinally. Hippo & Hedgehog commits a minimum of 10% profit to support community development across Africa and sources baobab through a charity supply chain that benefits local community harvesters throughout different countries and regions of Africa. The company has received funding from various sources, including Royal Society of Edinburgh, Santander Universities, Scottish Edge Wildcard.
Other Case StudiesMore
Latest News Stories
- Glasgow pushes forward on tackling climate change with 100 days to COP26
- Augmented reality project to help train surgeons around the world on ‘hyper-real’ models of organs
- Revolutionary new tarmac diverts plastic from landfill
- University of Strathclyde produces a new source of coherent radiation
- Innovate UK funds University of Glasgow virtual reality collaboration
If you would like to reach out to discuss anything from the above case study, please get in touch.
Let us know if you would like to discuss contributing to the case studies we currently profile.