GCU has established an incubation unit, Uhatch, specialised in supporting social enterprises and value-led SMEs, helping them to demonstrate the positive societal impact they have within the region and beyond.
GCU is channelling its experience in impact measurement and evaluation in collaboration with entities such as First Port (Scotland’s social enterprise development agency) and Challenges Worldwide (a charity that helps business to grow in developing economies) to help companies both within UHatch and beyond to measure their environmental impact.
The unit uses appropriate methodologies such as theory of change, logic model or Scotland Can B, and identifying performance indicators and proxy measures aligned to intended results and designing systems for routine data collection. Companies hosted by the incubator have received rewards from Converge, Edge, RSE and other bodies.
Other Case StudiesMore
Latest News Stories
- Leading Glasgow research group launches clinical trials business
- Prestigious fellowship for wind and tidal turbine enhancement research
- UofG researchers report how novel diabetes drugs work to improve the prognosis of patients with heart failure
- New clinical trial launched for early treatment of COVID
- Professor awarded £2.9 million to support pioneering malaria research
If you would like to reach out to discuss anything from the above case study, please get in touch.
Let us know if you would like to discuss contributing to the case studies we currently profile.