In recent years, we’ve seen transformative changes in how to nurture and inspire the minds of tomorrow.
Identifying creative ways to connect with those in education and re-imagining how teaching is expressed and experienced will ensure we produce a vibrant new generation of thinkers and innovators.
Glasgow’s universities and colleges achieve global reach and resonance, and are re-connecting the city with its DNA of creativity, engineering and design. Alongside world-leading research capabilities, Glasgow’s universities also generate high levels of industry collaboration, research council funding, company spin-outs and student satisfaction. As a result, Glasgow is the only city in the UK outside of London to have two universities ranking in the top 40 nationally. Along with colleges they have a track record of working with business to deliver bespoke courses tailored to future needs. As Glasgow’s education providers apply the city’s 250-year record of design to corporate and public goals, they are becoming proactive anchors of a changing city, identifying common interests and agendas for action.
- Glasgow is one of only 9 major European cities to boast a global top 75 university, or a global top 50 university for Life Sciences.
- University of Glasgow’s Engineering department ranks in the top 5 in the UK for “internationally excellent” and “world-leading research.
- University of Strathclyde is ranked 7th in the UK for spin-out company creation.
Latest News Stories
- New University of Glasgow Algorithm Could Be Quantum Leap in Search for Gravitational Waves
- Seven Royal Society of Edinburgh Research Awards for Strathclyde
- £3.2M funding boost for University of Glasgow particle physics research
- Glasgow Maritime student receives top industry honour
- UWS anti-superbug research boosted
- Two international quantum networks to be led at University of Strathclyde